2020 College Scholarship Awards
Applications are now being accepted for the 2020 LBL college scholarship awards.
Stephanie Magnone Award (girls program)
Named after LBL Girls Program founder Coach Stephanie Magnone. In addition to helping found LBL, Coach Magnone has been the long-time coach of the Villa Joseph Marie girls lacrosse team. Coach Magnone embodies the traits described in LBL’s mission, and this scholarship will be awarded to the female applicants who most exemplify these characteristics.
Jerry Middlemiss Award (boys program)
Named after Lower Bucks Lacrosse Club founder Coach Jerry Middlemiss. Coach Middlemiss, then the Head Coach at Trenton State College and coach of the Hopewell Lacrosse League, recognized the need for the development of a Yardley area club as the sport grew in popularity in the early 90s.
There is one winner and one runner-up for each award:
- $1,000 for each winner (one male and one female)
- $500 for each runner-up (one male and one female)
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior in Spring 2020
- Applicant must be planning to attend an accredited college or university in the Fall of 2020
- Applicant must meet minimum GPA requirement of 2.8 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Applicant must have played for at least one season with LBL
- Applicant must submit 2-3 letters of recommendation for a complete application
- Applicant must submit an essay (250-400 words) describing how they contributed to the lacrosse/LBL community while in high school. For example, assisting with TryLax, assisting/refereeing for recreational tournaments, or supporting lacrosse summer camps. Discuss how giving back to the lacrosse community helped shape your character.
Your compete application with references must be submitted by May 25, 2020.
How to Apply
Scholarship candidates will be notified by email during the first full week in June.