As a member of the US Lacrosse Association, LBL adheres to the US Lacrosse code of conduct below:
US LACROSSE YOUTH COUNCIL EVENT PARTICIPATION CONTRACT & PLEDGE
I, as a player, coach, parent, spectator or official, pledge to conduct myself in a manner that complies with the US Lacrosse Youth Council “Code of Conduct” at all times. Accordingly, I pledge to:
- “Honor the Game”
- Demonstrate respect to other players, coaches, parents, officials and spectators
- Uphold the essential elements of the USL Youth Council “Code of Conduct”, which are HONESTY and INTEGRITY
- Demonstrate and encourage good sportsmanship and the concepts of fair play
- Focus on fun and participation
- Know and abide by the Rules of Lacrosse, the established guidelines, and all eligibility requirements
- Understand that the safety and welfare of all concerned is the top priority
- Support the drug, alcohol, and tobacco free environment that is important for all youth sporting events
Further, I pledge NOT to:
- Ever use profanity at a youth event
- Criticize coaches, players or game officials
- Touch an opposing player, coach, or game official in a threatening manner
LBL POLICY FOR CODE OF CONDUCT ENFORCEMENT
At Lower Bucks Lacrosse, we want everyone to have an outstanding lacrosse experience. Lacrosse is a fun game and all players, coaches, and parents should have a rewarding experience at every event. To do that, we ask that all players, parents and coaches follow the code of conduct.
All violations of the code of conduct will be reviewed by the board of directors who will recommend corrective counseling using the following as a guideline:
The first violation by an individual will result in a verbal and written warning to the offender detailing the behavior, negative impact of the behavior and consequences of future infractions.
The second violation by an individual will result in a one game suspension. If the offender is a coach or parent, he/she will not be able to attend the next game for his/her team. If the offender is a player he/she will attend, dress in street clothes, and be expected to support his/her teammates.
The third violation by an individual will result in further corrective counseling up to and including suspension from LBL for the rest of the season.
Ultimately, our goal is to educate all players, parents, and coaches on appropriate behavior at lacrosse events. We will utilize the process outlined above to ensure everyone has an outstanding lacrosse experience.